These certifications are not technical but informative of your strategy, process, policies, standards, opinions, and transferable skills that cover 90% of software engineering and software engineering management. They can be applied generically across all vendors or programming languages that cover the remaining 10%.
These certifications may provide you with a reference from an established Software Engineering Manager that you have the required knowledge and experience. All four of our certifications share a bank of nearly 300 categorized questions. Questions are randomly selected from specified categories to get the correct mix of questions for each certification level. Each time the test is taken, a different set of questions is displayed.
Take our Software Development Management course if you want to study beforehand and achieve Software Engineering Manager – Level 1. If you are already experienced jump in and take one of the exams now.
|1.||be the one in the middle who maintains relationships, and manages integration between software engineering projects||⋆||⋆|
|2.||specify, design, and document a software component||⋆||⋆||⋆|
|3.||use available tools and automation||⋆||⋆||⋆||⋆|
|4.||own the Software Development Lifecycle – agile and waterfall, which to use and when||⋆||⋆||⋆||⋆|
|5.||create environments for high-performing and self-organized software engineering teams||⋆|
|6.||know good code from bad, and when tools, process and technology are being used efficiently||⋆|
|7.||coach, mentor, train. recruit, and co-ordinate a software engineering team||⋆|
|8.||read and write code||⋆||⋆||⋆|
|9.||specify, design, and document software system(s) of multiple and reusable components||⋆||⋆|
|10.||use object-orientated design and programming concepts and techniques||⋆||⋆|
|11.||manage complex change that warrants careful and formalized planning||⋆||⋆|
|Attempts allowed per purchase||3||3||3||3|
|Questions – all multiple choice||146||91||107||81|
|Time allowed in minutes||90||60||70||60|
|Days valid to complete||30||30||30||30|
|Email results by category showing you which areas you can improve||⋆||⋆||⋆||⋆|
|Downloadable Certificate on achieving a pass||⋆||⋆||⋆||⋆|
|Price in USD||$15||$10||$10||$5|
|Software Engineer Manager – Level 1 is for Software Engineering Managers who were/are Software Engineers whereas Level 2 is for those from a non-technical background such as Project Manager or Director.
Software Engineer – Level 1 is more advanced than Level 2 in that it adds specification, design, and documenting software system(s) of multiple and reusable components, and managing complex change.
All four of our certifications share a bank of nearly 300 categorized questions. Questions are randomly selected from specified categories to get the correct mix of questions for each certification level. Each time the test is taken, a different set of questions is displayed.
Select your examinationSoftware Engineer Manager 1 – $15
Software Engineer Manager 2 – $10
Software Engineer 1 – $10
Software Engineer 2 – $5